The Grampians Region National Events
Important Australian or Globally Famous events that occur around The Grampians Region Victoria and you are invited.
As a region with a rich cultural and natural heritage, Grampians Region in Victoria, Australia is known for its diverse annual events that attract visitors from all over the world. Whether it is a celebration of nature, music or art, the region has something for everyone. Here are some of the nationally or globally recognised annual events that people might observe in and around the Grampians region:
1. Grampians Grape Escape: This is one of the most popular wine and food festivals in Australia and is held in May every year in Halls Gap. Visitors get the chance to sample some of the best wines from the region, as well as delicious food from the local restaurants and cafes. There are also cooking demonstrations, live music performances, and kids’ activities.
2. Stawell Gift: This is one of the oldest and most prestigious professional foot races in Australia, and it brings together some of the best athletes from around the world. The event is held every Easter in Stawell, and in addition to the main race, there are also events for kids, amateur runners, and other athletes.
3. Horsham Agricultural Show: This is an annual agricultural show that takes place in October every year in Horsham. It is a celebration of the region’s farming heritage and features livestock exhibits, animal shows, arts and crafts, and food stalls.
4. Dunkeld Races: This is an annual horse racing event that takes place in November in Dunkeld. It is one of the most popular country racing events, and it attracts thousands of visitors every year. In addition to the horse races, there are also fashion shows, live music performances, kids’ activities, and food and wine stalls.
5. Grampians Brushes: This is an annual arts festival that takes place in September in Halls Gap. It is a celebration of the region’s artistic heritage and features exhibitions, workshops, and demonstrations by some of Australia’s best artists. Visitors can also purchase unique artworks and crafts from the local galleries and stores.
6. Natimuk Frinj Biennale: This is a biennial arts festival that takes place in Natimuk, a small town near the Grampians. It is a celebration of the region’s alternative culture and features a range of creative events, including theatre, dance, music, and visual arts.
7. Ararat Jailhouse Rock Festival: This is an annual music festival that takes place in November in Ararat. It is a celebration of the region’s rock and roll heritage and features live performances by some of Australia’s best rock bands. There are also vintage car displays, rock and roll dance lessons, and food and drink stalls.
8. Grampians Wildflower Show: This is an annual wildflower show that takes place in September in Halls Gap. It is a celebration of the region’s rich biodiversity and features displays of wildflowers and native plants from the Grampians and surrounding areas. Visitors can also participate in guided walks and talks on the region’s flora and fauna.
9. Halls Gap Caravan Park Fossil Festival: This is an annual festival that takes place in November in Halls Gap. It is a celebration of the region’s rich geological history and features displays of fossils, minerals, and gems. Visitors can also participate in guided walks and talks on the region’s geology and history.
10. Great Victorian Bike Ride: This is an annual cycling event that takes place in November and December in different locations around Victoria. The route usually passes through the Grampians region, and it is a great way to explore the scenic countryside and towns. The event attracts thousands of cyclists every year, and there are also live music performances, food and drink stalls, and kids’ activities.
the Grampians region is a fascinating place to visit all year round, and with its diverse range of annual events, there is never a dull moment. Whether you are a wine connoisseur, a sports fan, an art lover, or a nature enthusiast, there is something for everyone in this beautiful part of Victoria, Australia.