The Grampians Region Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in The Grampians Region Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing grampians.guide for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in The Grampians Region for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in The Grampians Region?
The Grampians Region Galleries and Museums
Galleries, museums, and historical venues in and around the Grampians region of Victoria, Australia are a testament to the rich cultural heritage of the area. From indigenous art to contemporary exhibitions, there's something for every art enthusiast in this region. Here is a categorized list of some of the top galleries, museums, and historical venues in and around the region of Grampians.
1. Grampians Texture - Located in Halls Gap, Grampians Texture is a contemporary art gallery featuring works by local artists. The art here is available for purchase and includes paintings, sculptures, and photography.
2. Hamilton Gallery - This gallery is situated in Hamilton and showcases a diverse collection of Australian artwork ranging from contemporary pieces to traditional paintings. The gallery also hosts regular exhibitions, workshops, and events.
3. Horsham Regional Art Gallery - The Horsham Regional Art Gallery houses a beautiful collection of Australian and Aboriginal art. The gallery also hosts regular exhibitions by established and emerging artists.
1. Dunkeld Old School Museum - The Dunkeld Old School Museum is home to a collection of artefacts and memorabilia that tell the story of the town's development. Here, visitors can learn about the history of the local area and enjoy a range of guided tours.
2. Aradale Mental Hospital Museum - The Aradale Mental Hospital Museum is located in the town of Ararat and is known as the largest abandoned lunatic asylum in Australia. The museum offers a guided tour through the decaying grounds of the hospital and gives visitors an insight into the mental health system of the past.
3. Gum San Chinese Heritage Centre - The Gum San Chinese Heritage Centre is situated in the town of Ararat and celebrates the contributions of the Chinese community to the region's development. Visitors can connect with the country's Chinese heritage through interactive exhibits and guided tours.
1. The Royal Mail Hotel - The Royal Mail Hotel in Dunkeld is a traditional Australian pub that dates back to the early 1800s. The hotel has a rich history and is known for its delicious food, wine, and beer.
2. The Grampians Estate - The Grampians Estate is a historic vineyard that produces some of the best wine in Australia. Visitors can take a tour of the vineyard and taste wines from the on-site cellar door.
3. J Ward Asylum - J Ward is a former prison and mental asylum that is now a tourist attraction. Visitors can explore the grounds and learn about the history of the prison, including the stories of its most notorious inmates.
The Grampians region offers a range of galleries, museums, and historical venues that cater to all interests. Whether you are interested in art, history, or culture, the region's many attractions are sure to impress. From contemporary art galleries to historic vineyards, the Grampians region is guaranteed to offer visitors an experience they won't forget.
The Grampians Region Galleries and Museums Articles